Monday, January 17, 2011

Something to think about...

As my days are going by and by lately I have been thinking about going back to school. Taylor and I have been talking about it since another child at the moment is not the right time (I wish). I really really love my job at Midway Elementary! I love being able to help a child feel better about learning and making them better at the tough things they struggle in about school.

I love getting the hugs and the high fives for achievements that they have made. So I thought... Maybe I should go back to school to get my teaching degree. I wish it were that easy. First I have to get my generals done (BORE) and then I got to do some more classes, then I get to do my internship or student teaching. Then I thought again, I can;t really pay for all that right now and I can't really give up the time to be a full time student with a child.

So I came up with a great solution. I'm really excited to say it too! I'm going to go to Beauty School. I have two sisters who have done it and love their jobs, and I think I would love it too. I'm in the process of applying right now. But I'm not just going to do hair, I'm going to do nails, facial waxing, manicures, pedicures and make up.

I have a great feeling about this decision and I got the support of my whole family for it. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I think that that is great! But don't give up on teaching yet if you know that is what you love as well. Financial aid will help you pay for classes, you don't have to do it full time, and I'm sure you have classes from Dixie that will go towards it! But I think both are great for you. (Be sure to learn lots of cute things for curly hair! I can't find someone in Cedar who is real great at cutting my hair)

    ReplyDelete