So Mom's always love to share birth stories- and maybe no one reads them and skips to the pics but I enjoy them so here's mine :)
I woke Taylor up for him to get going to work at 6:00 am.. I wasn't feeling the greatest but that was normal for a 9 month prego like me. But I had a contraction! At first I was like no way, she's playing a trick on me again, just like last time... But it happened again 15 minutes later. I still ignored it and continued on with my morning routine.
I think McGuire knew she was coming cuz he was wide awake and helping himself get ready for the day. As we were headed to day care, I had a contraction and I did a choice of words.. McGuire overheard and yelled, " Mom, we don't say that! You need to say Holy cow instead!" I couldn't help but laugh.
After dropping him off I called Taylor letting him know that contractions were 15 minutes apart. Of course of all days he was in Park City working on the most important job of the season and he didn't drive, so no vehicle for him. So we decided to wait it out and try make it at least til noon. As I pulled into to work, Contraction of the century happened! I called Taylor once again letting him know that I can't do it. I got to go home and pack and get going to LDS Hospital. Before that I had to go into to work and tell them that I wasn't going to be working that day.
After a 30 minutes close watch and packing McGuire's to go pack, I monitored contractions to 5-7 minutes...
I called Taylor and he said I could meet him at the 1st exit in Park City.
I had never realized how stupid ppl were about their surroundings. I was driving with my hazards on trying not to cry and have a baby right then and there... Finally after only 10 minutes to the 1st exit (which seemed like an hour) Taylor was standing there waiting for me to pick him up...
We made it to the Hospital in 20 minutes, even with rush hour traffic! When we got to the hospital i was only dilated to a 4 but my contractions were so close I got to stay. I chose to not get my epidural until I was closer to giving birth or until I couldn't handle it. After 5 hours of being starving and contractions working their way up to being pretty hurtful, it was epidural time. By that time I was dilated to a 7, and Dr. Robinson had to break my water for me.
After things seemed to be slowed down, Taylor ran to the car to grab my purse and hospital bag. While he was gone, the nurse warned me that if I was nauseated, to let her know. That means my blood pressure is too low. Not a second later, I was nauseated. They checked baby's heart rate, it was to a scary low. So 5 nurses hovered over me to get baby's heart rate back to where it needs to be and my blood pressure back to normal. When Taylor made it back up, he was in a panic. I couldn't tell him what was going on cuz I was trying to breathe in Oxygen and not pass out. The Anesthesiologist had to come in and put "adrenaline" in my IV. The epidural had gotten into my blood stream and created my blood flow to slow down.
After getting me stable and Taylor's mom to calm Taylor down, Dr. Robinson checked me and gave me the ok to push!
After 3 sets of pushing, 20 minutes later McKinlee had made it into my arms! I only got to hold her for a second though. The Emergency nurses had to take her so she could be checked and make sure her vitals were ok after the epidural episode. Everything cleared! 7 lbs 10 oz, 19 inches long!
We are so blessed to have such a healthy little princess!! We couldn't imagine our lives without her!
We love you McKinlee JoAnna!!
Friday, November 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









That's a scary story, Stef! But I'm glad everything worked out and she is here and safe :)
ReplyDelete