Thursday, December 20, 2012

Update Time

So Its update time!
Sorry its been so long! Life gts crazy working full time and having 2 kids (really it feels like 3 sometimes, sorry Tay)

Mcguire Turned 4 (back in Nov)! He was so excited to be 4! For a while he would tell everyone he was 17, but I finally convinced him that being 4 is pretty much the coolest age ever! So we had a little mini party for him the Sunday before with Grandparents and any Aunt or Uncles who could make it. He got way too many presents for a 4 year old. But he deserved it for all the great things he's achieved throughout the year of a 3 year old! It was a bitter sweet day for me ( I was still a little hormonal from having Mckinlee) I cried because my little 3 year is 4 and he is going up too quickly! I have those days quite often but that day was a HARD one. Now every time we're in the toy section of the store, he'll point out a toy and say, " I want thaaat, for my birday mom?!?" I reply "of course sweetie, that's in 11 months" He says, " Wow, thats soon!" I love it the optimism that he has towards fun things!

McKinlee is now almost 3 months old! Just on Saturday our little 12 week old ROLLED OVER! I couldn't believe it and I screetched in amazement as she was doing it. I obviously did too loud because as she flipped over she looked at me with a quivered lip. But after I realized I scared her, I congratulated her with hugs and kisses and she realized what she did was a good thing. We were so in awe with disbelief we had to try it again, and again... she did a total of 3 times! I can't believe how fast she's grown!

I make it certain that my kids will see Santa Claus at least one time a year. Last year I wasn't able to get a picture of McGuire with Santa Claus so this year we went to the University Mall in Orem and got pictures done with him. McGuire has his mood where he'd love to let you take his picture, and then he has his grouchy days where your lucky he is even looking at the camera.. Well this day was a grouchy day, he was thrilled to see Santa but not thrilled for the pictures. Luckily he just sat there for a few minutes and glared at the photographer. McKinlee was just googly eyed at all the noise around her. I thought it was a great Christmas card picture lol



Then Sears has this great promotion going on for pictures, and its been about 3 1/2 years since I have had them professionaly done, so I decided why not. I couldn't resist just going with the one promotion and I spent way more then I expected but hey, I needed them and they were so dang cute!







2 comments: