Thursday, May 6, 2010

Kisses that melt you heart

This morning when I woke up, I must have had a terrible attitude in my dream, because it followed me to reality. I guess I had this look on my face that wasn't very welcoming to ANYONE, and McGuire knew it....

Today as Taylor and I were struggling to get McGuire ready for day care, he decided that he wanted to get a little jump ride on my lap. What I do is kneel on my knees and I hold him, let him jump and I just support him with my hugging arms. (For some reason he just loves it...)

Well today as we were lap jumping he all of a sudden stopped, looked at me and gave me a hug... then he jumped some more, stopped, looked at me and all of a sudden a huge wet slobbery mouth was going for my lips... yup a kiss that melted my heart.

My bad attitude from waking up was all gone, thanks to the spontaneous love that my little boy spread to me for that split second.

Isn't it funny how those things happen? As I ponder about that precious moment, I realize how blessed I am to have my own little family, so healthy and loving and supportive.. and also to have a family all together, period. With all the struggles that we all have been through we all love each other no matter what! What a blessing to have my little boy, and to have the kisses he gave to me, spontaneous. I'm so blessed to be a mother, and a wife to two of the most incredible men in my life!

It truly melted my heart!

1 comment: