As some of you know, Taylor and I live in a pretty luxurious apartment...... HA HA HA funny huh... built in the 70's and its so tiny. I mean it works for us, not gonna lie though its very interesting all the things that occur in that house due to its oldness of the building technique.
Any who... Summer is finally here when you hear the sound of June Bugs outside of your door. Taylor and I were walking to get our laundry from our laundormat one night (ha ha told you luxurious) and I heard one and stopped to show him... Well there was another one and they were going at it, if you know what I mean.
Taylor had no idea what a june bug was and what they do.. so i explained to him kinda what they are and why I know about them... (my neighbor, michael, while growing up, would eat them at night. To be cool or for attention, its still a mystery to me why)
Taylor was kind of freaked out by them... Well the next night, Taylor was going to get another load of Laundry while I was talking to his mom..
Just visualize...
He grabs the Hamper, steps out of the doorway, shreeks, jumps back in the house and slams the door shut behind him... looking outside at the bugs quietly, hoping that me and laura didn't see it.
You all know how I am.. I laughed sooo hard. He's freaked out by these bugs... like seriously FREAKED out! He was embarrassed and his mom was so curious as to why I was laughing so hard and he was so freaked out.
I show her and Taylor so kindly opens the door and says, "Look at them, they are so UGLY!" While stating the obvious, a june bug flies in our house, going crazy! Guess who goes running away from it.. Yup you guessed it, Taylor's Mom and, yup again, Taylor.. screaming in the same tone. It was a total mad house in there.
Taylor hurried, grabbed the hamper and ran to the laundromat area, while I was left with the big but littler then a cockroach like critter and kill it with a magazine.
His mom has this comment for me while hiding from its unpredictable flying.. "Isn't it comforting to know that your Husband is scared of june bugs.. doesn't that make you feel safe..." I just laughed..
Thanks to the June bugs I got a huge laugh! Thank you June Bugs for letting me know that summer is now here
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



bahahaha this made me chuckle! but I must admit... I don't think I know what a june bug is? I'll google it.
ReplyDelete