Thursday, June 7, 2012

Latest obsession

So lately Mcguire and I have been really obsessed with birds! He loves to chase them away from our yard... Which is fine until he's clear across the street in the neighbors yard (not my cup of tea)

So I politely told him to not scare the birds, they just want to eat some worms.... Worked like a charm.
If you ever see us just staring at our yard, or the sky it because McGuire and I have this obsession with robins and how they work...

Well at the Clinic we have had a brve little robin put her nest right in front of the main entrance, its about level to my hip to see them. She's a brave little thing. But is was great entertainment for me to watch the transissions of the eggs, to chicks, to birds... here's the pics!

Eggs... There were 4 orginally, but the 4th must have been bad, momma let it fall out of nest

Just a doy or two old.. so ugly they are cute :)

About a week old... They thought I had food... LOL
About another week later... Momma bord was swooping at me, so I was more distant this time around.

Last day of them in the nest... 2 1/2 weeks old!

I'm absolutely amazed on how fast they changed and now they are out and about on the yard eating some worms. They stay in the group and never leave each other behind... so cute to watch!

What an amazing world we live in!




No comments:

Post a Comment