Thursday, May 31, 2012

Injury Free McGuire!!

Tuesday and Yesterday we went to two doctors for McGuire, Tuesday we got Stitches out. Thank heaven they were healed properly and all was well with that part.

Yesterday we went up to Primary Children's to get his arm check on... I had a slight fear that we would have to get a new cast or something... I was going to be so angry, the pool has been call ing his name for weeks now, and he was getting super frustrated with it.

When we got there the Dr. told me that we would have to get a small cast on him today. NOOO!!!!! Was screaming in my head... but as I looked at the radiograph, this patient had a fractured wrist. McGuire never fractured his wrist.... So I made the Dr. double check the name.. Luckily enough it was the little boy that was called before us.

McGuire's xrays were healing as planned!!!! We got the cast cut off and no new cast or splint was needed! McGuire was so thrilled that his new arm was all better!




He favors it a little still, and it still is bowed a little but that will straighten throughout his growing times. We were so lucky that he didn;t hit any growth plates or anything!

Our Mcguire is now injury free! Seven Peaks look out cuz we're coming your way!!!!





1 comment:

  1. That's crazy how the doc was looking at a fractured wrist. Glad you caught that one..Now McGuire can have a FUN summer...

    ReplyDelete